Re: [tlug] Linux Web hosting recommendations

On 2012-12-12 at 05:43:20, Charles Muller wrote:
>I am looking for a Linux-based VPS that allows about 40 GB
>(preferably something in the Debian/Ubuntu family). Location can be
>here in Japan, as well as in North America or Europe, hopefully in
>the range of less than $50 a month.

I've been very happy with my Linode (https://www.linode.com/) servers
that run Debian. They have options that meat your specs and price, and
have several Linux distros available, including both Debian and Ubuntu.
You can also build your own distribution and upload it, if the pre-
existing options don't suit you. They have data centers in all 3 places
you listed (if you count the UK as Europe, anyway). I have Linodes in
both of the the Dallas and Tokyo data centers and have never had any
reliability or other issues. Their e-mail support is very responsive
too; when i was getting set up i had a lot of questions and they usually
replied within 15 minutes!

I'm not in any way affiliated with Linode, just a very satisfied
customer.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley@example.com