Re: [tlug] Making programming easier... or something like that

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 04:35:19 +0900
Claus Aranha <caranha@example.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:
> >
> > Under the assumption that all babies are born with more or less the
> > same abilities (which at least psychology says is true to a very large
> > extend), what in their (early?) lifes makes the difference that by the
> > time they enter school, they have very different abilities?
>
> This is a bit off-topic, so I will be brief.

Hmm.. good point.. Can the elders of this mailinglist tell me
how much of this discussion is on/off-topic? Ie. should i move
it elsewhere or is it ok to ask further questions?

> This assumption is by no means a
> consensus on the psychology world. I would suggest "The Blank Slate", by
> Steven Pinker, as an argument to the alternative.

And i thought that the blank slate theory died together with the
behaviorist ^^'
>From what i've heard, read and experienced myself, i'm more with Piaget in
that children are born with certain abilities, which they refine
and extend when they grow up. I don't know yet how much of the rest
of Piagets theory holds or how much of it i should believe. But in
my opinion it is at least a good guidance even if it's not completely right.

			Attila Kinali

--
There is no secret ingredient
         -- Po, Kung Fu Panda