Re: [tlug] Mouse trouble

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> So, The Next Stupid Question is whether all wireless mouses work on the
> same frequency.  The mouse was one half of a wireless desktop set.  The
> keyboard still works fine.  I'd like to take the path of least expense,
> not to mention continuing to use just the one antenna plugged into the
> internal USB connector, if the wireless gods smile on my humble request.

No, I bet there is at least one mouse working on a different frequency ;-)

Actually, frequency is something of a misnomer with frequency-hopping
technologies like Bluetooth...

Anyway, yes, you might have interference between wireless devices,
however you'll see a lot more than just "missing left clicks".

Did you check gpm as I suggested?

As to the "wireless mouse messing up USB mouse", most mouse-consuming
software is setup to use /dev/input/mice which happens to be a
collection of all /dev/input/mouse{0,1,2,3...} devices. I suspect that
if one of the mouseX devices misbehaves this will adversely affect
/dev/input/mice.

Cheers,
Kalin.