Re: [tlug] Mouse trouble

On 10/25/2012 02:36 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
Hi CL(?),

Please check your hardware first.
You should be able (as root) to check if you receive the clicks:

Thanks for the suggestions. I think this mousie has been knocked off the table by the cats one too many times. I ran deep cans of the HDD all day yesterday after seeing a couple of error messages in the disk check section of a PC Health program I ran in Slackware.

I booted back into my regular desktop this a.m. and the wireless mouse worked just fine. However, after being left on and untouched for an hour, the problem returned. I believe that the USB mouse was being influenced by the wireless mouse, which may have continued to broadcast even though it was just sitting. Switching the wireless mouse off after the problem began today allowed the USB mouse to work and switching to a different, more robust USB mouse worked even better.

So, The Next Stupid Question is whether all wireless mouses work on the same frequency. The mouse was one half of a wireless desktop set. The keyboard still works fine. I'd like to take the path of least expense, not to mention continuing to use just the one antenna plugged into the internal USB connector, if the wireless gods smile on my humble request.

And write your name unless you prefer to be referred to as CL ;-)

The latter. I have been "CL" since the days when I was sending my messages from a telex terminal in a NORAD blockhouse (Univac 10 with a four eight-foot vacuum tube CPU).

--
CL