Re: [tlug] Dying Monitor?

Kalin,

Apologies for my late reply. Been a busy week.

On 2012-10-17 10:26, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:

If you are happy lugging your LCD around (get laptop&cables to be on
the safe side), we can have a look at it on 23rd. Coming a bit early
should be better to secure some good working space (I will probably be
there after 18:00).

I may very well take you up on your offer. Funny thing is, in the last couple of days, the monitor has been behaving well, with only a few moments of "darkness." Of course I know the problem didn't just go away. :-)

Try to locate and download any information on the monitor beforehand
such as service/repair manuals, datasheets, how-to-open etc. And as
others suggested we might be dealing with badcaps, if you can find
what values we'll need we can get them on-line beforehand (we have
only a _very_ limited supply of parts at THS, mostly leftovers from
other projects); otherwise we'll just open it, diagnose it and next
week replace the caps, if that was the problem in the first place.

How does this sound to you?

It sounds good. I will search around for all the information I can find ahead of the meeting. How quickly could you get the caps online from the time we order them? Honestly, it would be fine to just do a diagnosis first and then replace the caps if necessary the following week, or perhaps much later (like in Dec) when I return from a somewhat lengthy trip out of Japan.

Cheers,

PJ