Re: [tlug] Dying Monitor?: Bulged Caps?: Repair Kits

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:19:48 -0400, jep200404@example.com wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:01:12 +0900, pjacobs@example.com wrote:

> > I've got a Samsung SyncMaster 245B external monitor ...

> I have encountered six LCD monitors of various brands that were
> wierd or consistently dead. All six had bulged caps. After
> replacing the bulged caps, all six monitors worked reliably.

That there are kits for such underlines how common bad caps are.

   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Kit-Samsung-SyncMaster-245B-LCD-Monitor-Caps-/330582684086

It's uncommon for the little (< 470 µF) caps to go bad.
I would just replace the bigger (>= 470 µF) caps.