Re: [tlug] Dying Monitor?: Screws and Bezels

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:43:25 +0200, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:01:12 +0900
> pjacobs@example.com wrote:
>
> > I've got a Samsung SyncMaster 245B external monitor that
> > has started acting rather strangely.

> Then you can just
> screw it open, unplug all connector, plug them in, unplugt them, plug
> them in again and put everything together.

Most monitors have some screws, and removing them is easy.
The hard part is getting the bezel off without damaging anything.
After one has removed the screws, I can usually get the bezel
off in about a minute, and do so without tools.

> If it isnt something simple like this: i would throw the monitor away
> and buy a new one (unless you are financially challanged). The time
> you invest is usually more than a new monitor costs.

The 1200 part of the 1920x1200 resolution is particularly
nice, uncommon, and expensive. I'd try to save the monitor.
Finding the right person who knows how to solder, and perhaps
even more importantly, knows how to the get the bezel off
without damaging anything, is the hard part.