Re: [tlug] Any way to make code running on a cloud service publicly verifiable?

Curt Sampson writes:

 > I feel that gnu tar is a surprisingly clean and minimal design compared
 > to the standard-bearing programs of the Gnu project, such as Emacs. :-)

(1) Despite the similarity of spelling, I have nothing to do with Emacs.
(2) Emacsen aren't "programs", they're virtual Lisp machines.
    (You just wish you had one for your parens-less Lisp. :-)
(3) There's no need to install emacsen on secure servers.
    Either you have ssh access, in which case emacsen will happily
    edit files remotely via ssh, or you don't, in which case you
    couldn't start the emacsen nohow.

Some-misinformation-:-)-can't-just-be-ignored-ly y'rs,