Re: [tlug] Any way to make code running on a cloud service publicly verifiable?

Curt Sampson writes:

 > [An upload server] is a requirement anyway, since Edgar has to be
 > able to upload his code without compromising the mechanism. :-)

No, it's not, in the sense that uploading the code (1) only happens
during initialization, and not when the mission server is open for
business, and (2) only needs to talk to Edgar.

 > Given that, you're right, it doesn't matter whence you get the tarball.

OK.  I'll go with your intuition on the tarball (as long as you don't
install GNU tar on the server, which seems to be willing to run as
many external programs as IE and is as full of dubious and unnecessary
features as git :-).