Re: [tlug] Help understanding a disk near-disaster

Daniel A. Ramaley writes:

 > That was going to be my guess. You had a filesystem mounted by 2 Linux
 > installations at the same time. That's a big problem unless the
 > filesystem is one of the clustered filesystems,

Er, even then it would still be a big problem because in his setup the
two installations each think they monopolize the metadata for the
underlying data store.

Use of hibernation as a substitute for a real virtualized operating
system is just asking for trouble IMO.  It's not designed for that.
Install a hypervisor, or shut the OS down.

Of course if the whole point is "look Ma, no hands!" showing off,
knock yourself out.  :-)