Re: [tlug] Photo organizers

I'm using Gthumb and I'm really happy about it.

It has lots of extensions/add-ons: 33 Extensions installed by default (on Fedora) for Import/Export, Search, Edit meta-data, Renaming, etc...

It support export to: FB, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa and more

Main reason I'm using it is the ability to assign "commands" to numpad, I use it tag my pictures while browsing them. By pressing one key, I run i.e. "exiftool -keywords+="Rating 3 %F"

Then I use the Filter or Search feature to browse only pictures matching my tags.

Cheers,
Laurent

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM, David J Iannucci
> <jlinux@example.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any thoughts on Shotwell vs. Picasa vs. F-Spot vs.
>> digikam vs. ???
>
> I've been using Gwenview for no better reason than it was already
> there, but it works well enough for thumbnail views, rotating, batch
> deleting, etc.

Hmm, gwenview looks nice! Haven't seen it before, will try.

The only sane software for organising/viewing I use is geeqie (fork of
GQview that is no longer maintained):

http://geeqie.sourceforge.net/

For editing I use latest gimp.

OT: Now with D800 and 36MPx JPEG (and raw!) files things are getting
sluggish... And I want higher (current 1920x1200) res display badly!

Kalin.