Re: [tlug] Buddhist v English Days of Week (was Re: Programmers meetups it Tokyo?)

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:
Debian's cal used to have an -m switch to indicate "start week on monday"
but somehow along the way, they "upgraded" to a different implementation
and that switch got lost.

How do you call Saturday & Sunday all together? It is somehow funny to have
the first day of the week in "week-end" :-)
When I setup an alarm on my iPhone from Monday to Friday, the name becomes
"weekdays". Therefore we have:
- Weekdays from Monday to Friday
- Week*end* for Saturday and Sunday
Sunday being the first and end of the week, in the same application... But of course,
language/tradition have history, and luckily we have it, even if logic is not there...

Regards,

Bruno.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.