Re: [tlug] Copyright and preserving TLUG presentations [was: ...How to Grok Logs]

On 06/19/2012 04:57 AM, Braoult wrote:

On 2012/06/18, at 9:41, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:
Thus i dont quite understand why you fear the social interaction of writing
a mail to someone who gave a talk.

Oh! I never said that! I did interact with many people on this list. My point was slightly different (sharing information on the web vs giving it when asked for). I just don't understand the second view, but again, I respect it.

There is no policy of requiring you to ask for presentations, we simply don't have all the presentations. Yes it is an over-site and it would be better if we had more presentation material up. There are two issues

1. I don't have time to go over all past presentations and follow up with every speaker.

2. We don't require speakers to sign over copyright to their presentation materials, so we do have to ask for their permission.

If you can help with 1., I will help contacting the relivant speakers.

Edward