Re: [tlug] Copyright and preserving TLUG presentations [was: ...How to Grok Logs]

Hi Attila,

On 2012/06/18, at 9:41, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:

> Salut Bruno,
>
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:38:18 +0200
>
> I dont really understand you. For one thing you want to get help, but
> you dont want to do anything for it. You want to kickstart your LUG
> with infos and documentation from another LUG but do not even want
> to talk to people.

Why do you pretend that? There are two different subjects: Sharing and discussing. I forgot about sharing, this is fine. I am surely not against talking with people.

> For me, this behaviour doesnt make sense. If you want to start a LUG
> then you should know that a LUG is mostly a social institution.

If i join a LUG, this is obviously to meet people. But first to discuss Linux matters. Different from Facebook :-)

> The main reason to have face to face meetings is to meet
> people face to face.

Which is not always possible, but I agree this is the best of interacting.

> Yes, people also go to enhance their knowledge, but reading a book or
> surfing the web is likely to be much more efficient than going to a meeting.

I am not convinced on this statement, sorry. If I spend a few hours or days to get information on how to feed a Yorshire, and write a compilation of that, I would think I need to share the knowledge I got. We don't share the same view. Please respect mine as I do for yours.

> Thus i dont quite understand why you fear the social interaction of writing
> a mail to someone who gave a talk.

Oh! I never said that! I did interact with many people on this list. My point was slightly different (sharing information on the web vs giving it when asked for). I just don't understand the second view, but again, I respect it.

Bruno.