Re: [tlug] Copyright and preserving TLUG presentations [was: ...How to Grok Logs]

Salut Bruno,

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:38:18 +0200
Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

> My poor and very small Brittany LUG will have to manage itself. But this is
> not a big issue per se, as their
> level is more at "evangelization" than high technical one.
> Please forget about my initial request, then. Sorry for that.

I dont really understand you. For one thing you want to get help, but
you dont want to do anything for it. You want to kickstart your LUG
with infos and documentation from another LUG but do not even want
to talk to people.

For me, this behaviour doesnt make sense. If you want to start a LUG
then you should know that a LUG is mostly a social institution. A place
where people meet and talk. Helping each other with problem solving might
be the stated reason to join a LUG but it's by far not the most commonly
practiced one. The main reason to have face to face meetings is to meet
people face to face. To have a chat, social interaction, know people.
Yes, people also go to enhance their knowledge, but reading a book or
surfing the web is likely to be much more efficient than going to a meeting.

Thus i dont quite understand why you fear the social interaction of writing
a mail to someone who gave a talk. Which, BTW, takes far less time than the
translation you want to do.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.