Re: [tlug] ... Rant about Akihabara

And - thinking back on the brand "Akihabara" - I remember that for
something like ten years, whenever I told any of my local
acquaintances that I had bought anything electronic, they would smile
and say "Akihabara?" and I'd frown and say "No!  I hate Akihabara!
The shopkeepers are rude, the prices are high, and Shinjuku is a much
better place to shop!"  I must have had that same conversation around
100 times over several years.  I bring this up, because I think it
took a very long time for people to realize that they didn't need to
go to Akihabara for electronics.  And now I see that misconception in
real time has transferred to a mistaken view of history....

Lyle