[tlug] Perform an action when network cable unplugged (and back in again)

Darren Cook writes:

 > Jun 12 09:04:45 myhost kernel: [479179.526691] r8169: eth0: link down

 > Are there any hooks in linux for this?

I'm sure there are real hooks (see the other posts for sources, not my
area of expertise ;-), but note that you could have a hack where a
daemon watches the log for these events.

One could also in theory hack into syslogd and/or klogd.