Re: [tlug] Fortran --> Python (was linux engineer)

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:17:47 +0200
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> 2012/6/8 Attila Kinali <attila@example.com>:
>
> > But Joe Average has not only long lost his curiosity,
>
> But I'd argue that Joe Average never had much. You're a geek, so
> you're coming from a different tradition.

Quite to the contrary!
Just look at Fritzli (what's the english equivalent of a childs name?)
or any other small, pre-school child in your vincinity. They are curious!
And a lot too! It's just that most environments tend to kill that curiosity
that we are born with.

If you have a chance read the book "Learning" by Manfred Spitzer.
It gives many insights on how we treat learning these days.
I hope they are not lost in the english translation and that the
translator adapted the examples that are sometimes quite specific
to german speaking europe.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.