Re: [tlug] Help on a script...

Hi Simon,

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Simon Cozens <simon@example.com> wrote:
On 06/06/2012 04:24, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> And about "nice", I will not discuss anymore. I suppose I am (or try to be)
> polite,
> please let me know when I am not.

Asking people for advice and then dismissing any advice they give you -
whether it's about choice of software or use of logs or anything else - on
entirely flimsy and inaccurate grounds does not come across, to me, as polite
in the slightest.

I was asking for help with my rsync script. And I did try the changes that were sent to me
(without success, unfortunately). Except the "grep", which did work. Thanks for the advise.

Yes, you have the right to use whatever software you like. But don't ask for
advice and then argue against everything you're told.

I did not argue against *everything*. Just about one new software. I tried everything else suggested
on this list (rsync options, and grep)...
If I was wrong (especially impolite), please let me know how/when, so I can correct myself next time...

Regards, and thanks anyway,

Bruno.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.