Re: [tlug] Help on a script...

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 5:33 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
Bruno Raoult writes:

 > I just want to avoid long log file, with directories...

In general it's a good idea to have more logs rather than less.

I forgot to answer this statement... I agree with you on the principle.
But too much logs kills the logs. If you have 1,000+ lines for 10 useful,
you just miss the important information.

Why
not just use grep -v on the file (rather than on the rsync messages as
Darrent proposed)?

I did it, as stated before. I just loose new dirs logs. But it is better than before,
for sure.

Bruno.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.