Re: [tlug] Help on a script...

Hi Bruno,

On Monday, June 04, 2012 05:59 PM, Bruno Raoult wrote:
Unison does not to like non-ascii filenames... This is a
no-go for my wife computer
(with tons of Chinese/Japanese filenames).

I wasn't aware of that... I don't have a lot of Japanese filenames, but those that are appear to sync fine. (I only just checked now. :-) ) But I'm not sure if that's by some strange luck or by design...

But I presume your comment about Unison's support is in its configuration file? In that case, I wouldn't know; I don't have any files/paths in my exclusion/inclusion lists that are non-ASCII...

Yes, I guess you're back to grep. :-) If this is for doing a backup, you can look into another tool that is based on rsync. I use rsnapshot for that (and unison to sync to a USB flash drive). I don't know about its level of support, though, and its log messages can be worse than rsync...but just thought I'd mention it to you anyway...

Ray