Re: [tlug] Wonky Vid in *buntu

On 05/31/2012 03:16 PM, Raymond Wan wrote:
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:23 AM, CL<az.4tlug@example.com>  wrote:
I am attempting to test a number of live CDs, burned from D/L'ed .iso's
to see whether there might be a better version of *buntu / Debian-based
OS to use in a specific machine for a specific purpose only.

When I attempt to run any of these CDs, I can view the start screen but,
after selecting the "Run live without installing" option, never see more
than a flashing cursor in the upper LH corner of the screen, even though
it appears as though the OS is installed to memory.  I suspect a video

*argh*  I had this same problem with Ubuntu half a year ago but I
can't quite remember how I got through it.  I "think" (flipping
through old notes) that I added nomodeset to the boot options:

http://thedaneshproject.com/posts/ubuntu-11-04-blank-screen-on-boot-solved/

I remember booting into the CD to run Ubuntu off it with no problems,
but installing it caused the problem you're describing.  Hope this
applies to your problem...

Ray

That's not quite what I want to do, but you've given me a valuable clue on how to proceed. Thank you. I'll try it and report back.

--
CL