Re: [tlug] Usability (was: Top-posting)

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:15:47AM +0200, Josh wrote:
> 2012/5/31 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:
>
> > If you want to find out how Ubuntu came up with Unity [...], I doubt you'll find much on that
> > because those guys can't afford to do real usability studies.
>

> Or read them, apparently...

That should have been given a C&C warning Josh.    Fortunately, I had
swallowed before reading.

Spending a lot of time on Fedora forums, as my job is now mostly RH
based and one has to see what new desktop user oriented thing will get
into the next version of RH---such as crippling textbased installation--
I realize that by avoiding NetworkManager and Gnome, I avoid 80-90
percent of the problems folks using RH based distros face.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6