Re: [tlug] [OT] French cuisine - was: AT cases and power supplies

On Thu, 31 May 2012 06:24:37 +0200, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> I always thought that it was Scott (or possibly Godwin) who coined the
> phrase, or at least introduced it to TLUG.

I shamelessly pilfered it from NANAE[0] when I was a regular denizen there.
I grew tired of the nutjobs and constant flow of dipslime[1], plus I had
other fish to fry, so I retired from that community a number of years ago
but did get some good out of it. Eg. The Rules of Spam[2] are constantly
being proven true, and I regularly invoke the Boulder Pledge[3], both of
which I learned about in NANAE.

[0] - news.admin.net-abuse.email newsgroup
[1] - aka Hipcrime: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipcrime_%28Usenet%29
[2] - http://bruce.pennypacker.org/2005/02/28/the-rules-of-spam/
[3] - http://patriot.net/~shmuel/BoulderPledge.html

--