Re: [tlug] Top-posting (was: plonk [Re: Classes])

2012/5/30 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:

> I think usability/app design discussions are on-topic for this list,

In general, yes. The top-posting discussion is so worn out on this
list, though, that I want it stopped. And I'm not alone; every time we
have a top-posting thread (twice a year on average), there are many
pleas to stop it, both posted publicly and sent to me privately.

I'm exercising my judgement here to Just Say No.

> I really rather doubt that the list admin team would
> refuse to follow an apparent consensus if they guessed wrong, though.

Absolutely not. The list policy was first established after the
Horrific Events in the summer of 2002 that saw pretty much all the old
hands leave the TLUG list (including yourself, if my memory serves).
Luckily for us, they're pretty much all back now, but that took
several years.

Since the initial version of the policy, we've made changes, tweaks,
and clarifications to make the policy match what the apparent majority
of core list members want. Unlike most elected officials, we actually
listen to our constituents. ;)

Cheers,
Josh