Re: [tlug] [OT] French cuisine - was: AT cases and power supplies

On 05/30/2012 07:02 AM, Bruno Raoult wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com
<mailto:gstewart@example.com>> wrote:

    If you put traditional UK pub grub and your typical bistrot meal in a
    bar in France side by side, there is no comparison possible. I'd take
    the food in the UK pub any day of the week.

I love jokes like that... I lived in London for one year, and was really
sick of "fish and chips" (always
"the best in the world", by the way, in every pub). Just fat food.
No fresh fish, no fresh meat, no fresh seafood, nothing... Even sushi
boxes had this notation: "No raw fish inside".

I eventually made my own lunch box everyday, what I did not have to do
in France, ever :-)

Bruno.

I have never lived in London, but have visited often. BBC has a show titled "Best of British Cuisine" which is now in it's fifth season. I thought a single ten-minute show was sufficient. The good stuff is all "ethnic."

--
CL