Re: [tlug] Top-posting (was: plonk [Re: Classes])

2012/5/29 Attila Kinali <attila@example.com>:

> Being list admin is much more a political job than it is a technical job.
> And i'm not sure that a large portion of this list is well versed in
> herding cats.

That's a very good way to put it, Attila. One of the main things I do
is make sure the list remains a pleasant place for people to hang out.
I don't always succeed, but that is the goal.

The other Listmaster duties are:
* Wading through the spam in the moderation queue, rescuing the
legitimate emails that people occasionally send from email addresses
other than the one which is actually subscribed to the list.
* Helping people out when they're having trouble getting their posts
to show up on the list, or want to unsubscribe an address they no
longer have access to, etc.
* Occasionally tweaking Mailman settings to modify things like the
list footers and so on.

It is non a technically demanding job at all. It takes patience,
(hopefully) good judgement, and a sincere desire to help keep TLUG a
place where geeks like to hang out.

Anyone who is interested in the job should post to tlug-admin. As I've
said, I'll be happy to step down if someone else wants to take over.

Cheers,
Josh