Re: [tlug] Top-posting (was: plonk [Re: Classes])

On 2012/05/29, at 15:33, Bruno Raoult wrote:

This is a different topic: You may be in charge of the list, but what if 90%
of people don't agree on one single rule? Would you just ignore them because
you were elected in a "democratic" way (with no discussion about this topic)?
I don't complain, please understand... I will follow rules, whatever they are,
I like this list...

I agree with current rules I don't like the idea to have them changed for absolutely no reason.
Rules have to be changed when they don't apply to the current environment.
But this is not the case, the environment didn't change, we are using the same technology
and interface as 20 years ago! For this reason I don't see any real reason that justify the change of a rule
that is working fine since the beginning of TLUG.

I think that Top-posting is not appropriate for TLUG.

Using Edward's words he makes perfectly sense:

    "I don't think anyone is saying that top-posting per say is bad just that
    its not appropriate with very few exceptions on the TLUG mailing lists.

    TLUG list are public, all subscriber receives all emails.  Those that
    aren't subscribed can view all emails in the archives.  If this was
    private correspondence then it might make sense having the history in
    every email because some of the recipients may not have been privy to
    the whole conversation but this is not the case."

About the 90%, count my opinion, so maybe it's 89% now...

Pietro