[tlug] Top-posting (was: plonk [Re: Classes])

2012/5/29 Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com>:

> [Top-posting] is forbidden by the group. Obviously, rules could change if a majority
> goes for it. But surely it cannot be decided from 1 or 2 people...

No, it cannot be decided by one or two people, but it can be decided
by four: the TLUG list moderators. They are:

Josh Glover (also Listmaster)
Scott Robbins
Jonathan Byrne
Godwin Stewart

> As this is not the first time that this top-posting subject comes in, why not
> asking the whole group what should be the rule?

Because TLUG is a representative democracy, not a direct one. You get
to vote for the officers once a year, and they in turn appoint the
non-elected admins (listmaster and sysadmin).

Changes to the list policy are decided by the officers and the
moderation staff. We certainly welcome suggestions, but a list-wide
vote is simply not how we generally do things, and certainly not in
this case.

Anyone may run for office, and every year, I offer to hand over the
Listmaster position to an interested, qualified party (there have been
no takers for the last 10 years).

Cheers,
Josh