Re: [tlug] [OT] plonk [Re: Classes]

On Tue, 29 May 2012 09:50:49 +0900
Edward Middleton <edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:

> Yes, as stated in my other post[1], I find it takes a lot less time then
> building either rpm or debian packages, and I find my ebuilds tend to be
> more robust then the equivalent rpm or deb.

I regularly compile stuff myself, but i hardly ever build packages.
Mostly because i think it's unnecessary overhead and second because
stow is enough for those cases i really need bleeding edge stuff.
Not to mention the additional benefit of having multiple versions installed
in parallel.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin