Re: [tlug] [OT] plonk [Re: Classes]

On 05/29/2012 08:01 PM, Bruno Raoult wrote:

Long time I did not participate to this list, as I had 2 difficult moves
to London then France :-)
But this thread forces me to react...

Welcome back.

     > Footnotes:

     > [2]  The clause "is forbidden" is necessary here.  I think that the
     > interlinear, well-trimmed style is better in general despite the
     > additional effort required.  Nevertheless, see
     > http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Teach/IntroSES/socsys-2.html.

There are some flaws there... Top posting has some advantages too:
You may find all information in one email. When people trim email,
which is *necessary* when you don't top-post, you just miss the whole
subject,
and you have to find older emails to understand everything...

I don't think anyone is saying that top-posting per say is bad just that its not appropriate with very few exceptions on the TLUG mailing lists.

TLUG list are public, all subscriber receives all emails. Those that aren't subscribed can view all emails in the archives. If this was private correspondence then it might make sense having the history in every email because some of the recipients may not have been privy to the whole conversation but this is not the case.

Edward