Re: [tlug] Making better use of SSDs?: Beware of Heavy Write Usage

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Attila Kinali writes:
> It sounds to me that for Raymond (or his boss, anyway) time is money.

"Time is money" is an accurate way of putting it!

> That doesn't address the problem that he doesn't know how he wants to
> use it, of course!  But once he decides that, replace-as-needed sounds
> like a reasonable strategy.

Yes, I suppose that is a good point.  As has been said already, since
we've moved outside of the standard software that could improve
through SSDs (i.e., database systems), then we won't know until we
try.  And if we're going to try, perhaps better to start with
consumer-grade stuff.

Ray