Re: [tlug] Making better use of SSDs?

You'll obviously get some benefit from using SSDs for Bioinformatics, but I know of no Bioinformatics tools that currently take advantage of the constant time random access offered by SSDs.

For example, the alignment tools I know of tend to create reference indexes in memory, and align reads sequentially. So your reference genome and reads both get read sequentially.