Re: [tlug] Making better use of SSDs?: Beware of Heavy Write Usage

On Mon, 28 May 2012 18:39:57 +0900
Simon Cozens <simon@example.com> wrote:

> On 28/05/2012 18:25, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > The standard multi-level-cell NAND Flash chips used in SSDs have about
> > 10'000 write cycles endurance. [etc.]
>
> I'm not sure it's particularly useful to have a discussion about the merits of
> SSDs compared to HDDs, without actually comparing them to HDDs.

Hmm.. How can you compare both without knowing the use case?

I just wanted to give some perspective on all those "your SSD is gonna die!!!"
and "modern SSDs don't have that problem anymore!".

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?