Re: [tlug] [OT] plonk [Re: Classes]

On Mon, 28 May 2012 11:10:48 +0200
Andrew Holway <andrew.holway@example.com> wrote:

> In some respects I do agree with previous comments about elitism. Most
> Lugs and linux people in general are somewhat horrific in this respect
> and are extremely cliquey towards noobs.

Uhmm.. yes and no.
Yes, there is some kind of elitsm. No it actually isnt real elitism in most
cases.

In my experience, what most long term linux users do is to expect that
a noob can learn himself. It's kind of refusing to hold hands and
an expectation in the form of "i learned that stuff myself, you should
be able to learn it yourself too".
But, if a noob has a specific question, which shows that he actually tried
to read up stuff, but failed because he doesn't know/understand the big
picture or some arcane detail somewhere, then these questions are readily
answered.

			Attila Kinali
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?