Re: [tlug] Best Alternative to Unity

> I installed Ubuntu, then I installed Xubuntu on another partition,
> then I installed all the Xubuntu packages in Ubuntu[1].
> [1] At a recent linux meeting, another user mentioned that there
>     is a metapackage for installing XFCE stuff in Ubuntu.

It looks like the command is as simple as:
  apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

which will fetch about 120MB of packages [1][2].

This is something I've been meaning to try for a while, but have been
scared of it sucking a lot of time out of my life. I'd be keen to hear
from anyone who has tried it and either loved it or hated it and went
back to Gnome. Especially if you hated it, but please say why!

Darren

[1]:
http://cloudplasma.co.uk/2011/11/ubuntu-12-04-and-xubuntu-12-04-a-wee-look/

[2]: Instructions for Ubuntu 10.04 are identical:
  https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/config-desktop/C/other-desktops.html