Re: [tlug] looking for a job

On 05/23/2012 02:12 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2012 20:44:18 +0900
Lewske Wada<ryu@example.com>  wrote:

On May 23, 2012, at 8:23 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:
Well... there are no beaches in Switzerland, but you have beautifull
moutains...and you earn more than enough money to fly to nice beaches
anywhere in the world ... not to mention that you get enough vacations
to actually go there ;-)

How come are you so sure I earn more than enough money?
I've already applied for a few jobs there, too.
CERN is one of them.
I didn't say you "earn more than enough" just that you "earn more than enough
to fly to nice beaches" :-)

And that's because i live in Switzerland and know how much you earn,
if you are in IT or EE. And unless you have 10 mouths to feed or live
in a 200m^2 flat in downtown Zürich, you earn quite enough for most
of your needs.

In IT, i think the best money you can earn in .ch is google. But it isnt
as easy to get in as it was a couple of years ago, when they were building
their Zürich lab. And you have to deal with the little issue of selling
your soul ;-)

			Attila Kinali

PS: for those who are not into Swiss economy: A 30y old in IT earns anything
between 90kchf/y and 200kch/y (before taxes). A flat costs you something
in the range of 500chf/m (one room) to 3000chf/m (nice and new 4.5 room
100m^2), both prices are for the Zürich area. Food costs you something in
the range of 200-1000chf/m depending how much you eat, what you eat and
whether you cook yourself. And you have to account for something in the
range of 200-500chf/m for insurances. Taxes are around 10% cut directly
by the employer (though actually thats not taxes, but insurances)
and an 10-15% additional "membership fee".

I totally agree with Attila...Switzerland is definitely best country for IT. Two years ago went in Geneva for a job interview for a position of network engineer. The company (Interoute) offered 5k euro/month for a 12h x 4days a week job on their network infrastructure for west Europe. Unfortunately couldn't get the job (4 positions available, selected as one of the 4, but in a second stage headquarters in Prague decided to get only 2 and was not among best 2) but never found any better offer so far

Marco