Re: [tlug] Disks

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 07:48:46AM +0900, Darren Cook wrote:

> As others have said, you download them and burn them yourself. Is the
> problem that you don't have a CD burner? Perhaps someone can suggest an
> internet cafe, or somewhere like Kinkos? (I don't know of any.)

- USB sticks are also quite useful as media here.
- What also works nicely on systems where linux is already running and a
  different distro should be deployed onto different partitions/logical
  drives:
  - fetch kernel/initrd of the new Linux distro, i.e. to /boot of the
    existing system
  - reboot into grub, run the kernel/initrd directly from there

Christian