Re: [tlug] megaraid controller problem

Hello,
You should be able to access the raid configuration utility directly after restarting the system bevore Linux starts.

good point indeed! I forgot about this one. Surely I will try that and report sometime tomorrow after I get to the machine. Still, I am curious what went wrong with the "OS way". There are several ebuilds around which are supposed to work with this type of raid controller, but neither works. I have tried dellmgr, megamgr, megarc, megacli or MegaCli. There is some chance that I do not use these tools correctly though.