Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
>> I suppose I need to remove the hard drives from the Toshiba case they
>> fit in first?
>>
> It will be easier to carry, but if you can lug your machine to TLUG
> (LoL) - I can disassemble it on the spot.

I can bring the machine - but actually what I was referring to was the
case that fits around (some of) the hard drives.  That Model of
Toshiba's Dynabook came with a case around the hard drive that made it
easy to remove the drive - basically a laptop version of those cases
that you needed to put desktop computer HDDs in for removable slots.
I'm looking for a picture on-line.  In the meantime, these pages
should give you some idea of what's involved in opening up the
machine:
http://hobby.plala.jp/performance/v486e.html
http://hobby.plala.jp/performance/v486avs.html

There's a pretty good picture of one here:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB:TOSHIBA_Dynabook_FV475_501TW_%EF%BC%88V486%EF%BC%89.jpg

Notice the center cover next to the floppy slot?  That is the cover
for the hard drive.  Remove the cover and there's a small pull-out
handle that - when pulled - removes the hard drive (in a case).  Some
of my old drives are in that kind of case.

Lyle