Re: [tlug] A book to ebook shop?

On Sunday, April 29, 2012, Darren Cook wrote:
But, at least at the moment, [O'Reilly] are the only computer book publisher
that gets ebooks: they charge less for them than their print books, they
don't copy-protect them, they supply them in multiple formats and you
can download as many different formats as you want.

Actually, the Pragmatic Programmers (http://pragpub.com) are also doing this right. You can buy just the ebook version for $10 - 15 cheaper, or both the paper and ebook versions for around $10 more.

We were just discussing this at lunch, and I think that Amazon are uniquely positioned to fix the ebook, what with the massive leverage they have over publishers. Whether they will is another question, though I think it would be in their best interest.

--Josh "the ex-Amazon employee" GloverĀ

--
Cheers,
Josh