Re: [tlug] A book to ebook shop?

Hello,

I just used scapon to convert some books to pdf(+OCR):

- I applied for the service in December last year
- It took about two months and half for them to allow me to send the books
- It took another two months and half for them to deliver the pdfs
(about 12 books) (I just received notification this week. I am not
sure if it was because I sent an email to them last week asking for my
books)
- The size of pdf files is huge (160MB for a 400 page book, and 327MB
for the 846 page Python Cookbook ! ). I'm still downloading ...
(It seems you can tune the files for ipad and other e-readers, so I
will try later to see if that reduces the file sizes)
- So far scanning quality seems ok (well, it's 40 MB per 100 pages! ),
but I have not yet checked for missing pages or other problems

So I would say I am not very satisfied.Can I expect something similar
from the other services out there?

Hector