Re: [tlug] HP Envy 15 first impressions

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Nigel Barker <tech@example.com> wrote:
>> But this is software that I paid 100 Euro for, and am using, as per
>> the EULA, on only one machine. And yet I can't register it. Awesome.

Reminds me of my first laptop...... /
/...... who told me to contact Microsoft. So I called
Microsoft, who told me it was the responsibility of the manufacturer.

I had a problem with my first laptop as well, so I figured (very naively) that the good folks at Microsoft would be happier to help me in person - with my laptop in hand (containing their expensive software that I had recently purchased and installed) - than on the phone.  So I looked up their offices and went there.  I explained the situation to a friendly woman in reception, who called someone, then hung up and told me to go home and call them.  I was impressed that after all the money I spent, they wouldn't even come out and tell me that in person, but - hey - what can I say - I'm a 20th century man.

Lyle