Re: [tlug] HP Envy 15 first impressions

>> But this is software that I paid 100 Euro for, and am using, as per
>> the EULA, on only one machine. And yet I can't register it. Awesome.

Reminds me of my first laptop (actually second, the first was a heavy
IBM thing with no HD and two floppy drives - but I digress), which
came with win98. Unfortunately, due to a mishap, I badly scratched the
install CD, which I needed to add something (can't remember now what
it was). So I phoned the manufacturer (actually it was a re-badged
Taiwan machine) who told me to contact Microsoft. So I called
Microsoft, who told me it was the responsibility of the manufacturer.
Then I e-mailed my friend in Thailand and solved the problem for
myself.

(A couple of years later that laptop became my first adventure with
Linux - Mandrake with KDE 1, but let me not bore you with
reminiscences)

nigel