Re: [tlug] HP Envy 15 first impressions

On 04/12/2012 12:43 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:

> I wonder what type of touchpad it is.
xinput says it's a Synaptics SynPS/2. I haven't yet checked anywhere
else for differing opinions :p

I've been using the HP off and on since 10:30 PDT (now 15:20 PDT) with
the Radeon GPU on and the lid always open (but the machine asleep when
not in use) and I'm now down to 10% battery and it has seen some heavy
use at times, such as installing the Kubuntu and Xubuntu desktop sets.
If I'd been using it continuously I'm sure I'd have been out of battery
quite a while ago, but that's still acceptable battery life. Probably as
good as the 27 month old MacBook Pro (15", 1440 x 900) delivers these
days on its original battery.

Jonathan