Re: [tlug] Am I the last to know?

On 4/3/12 02:16 , Lyle H Saxon wrote:

That seems to be the case - judging from the rotten (for a desktop computer) UI that Ubuntu uses now.

Apple would never make anything as fugly or with such poor usability as Unity.

Clearly, Ubuntu looks at Apple for inspiration (Shuttleworth has public stated that it's Apple, not Microsoft, that should be the usability target). I'd rather see them more closely copy Apple, perhaps by using Avant Window Navigator. Unity might (or might not; I have'nt tried it) be a decent touchscreen UI, but even on a notebook, it's a crappy desktop UI IMO. Maybe it'll get better - it's still relatively young - but right now, it's not very good.

Jonathan