Re: [tlug] Am I the last to know?

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 5, 2012, Attila Kinali wrote:
>>
>> The computer has to adapt to me, not me to it!
>

> Nicely put! That is the very reason that I can't use OS X for my development
> machine.

??  While the default look-and-feel of the Mac is determined by Jobs'
(and ultimately Wozniak's) tastes, the only problems I've had with
porting my workflow to Mac OS X have been (1) OS X 3rd party packagers
(Fink and MacPorts, haven't tried Homebrew yet) suck more than the
average Linux distro PMS (but MacPorts is more or less usable, and the
maintainers I deal with are generally more responsive than, say,
fubardesktop.org), and (2) some of my basic tools (specifically
XEmacs) look pretty old next to Mac apps.

What specifically do you want that Jobs won't let you have
(conveniently -- you don't have to give an example that's "impossible"
to achieve)?