Re: [tlug] Am I the last to know?

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:59:31 +0900
"jrjohansson@example.com" <jrjohansson@example.com> wrote:

> For someone who don't want to spends hours configuring and tweaking
> things, just sit down at the computer and get on with their work, I
> think Ubuntu has been, is, and will continue to be a great (the best)
> Linux distribution.

That's exactly why i dont like gnome. Because it eats my time.
I have a very peculiar way of using a computer, one that amazes
even long time linux users who are "just" users (like >100 terminal
windows on 10 virtual destktops on two screens, plus the usual bunch
of >30 firefox windows, each with tabs, etc pp). I modified the
"desktop" i have to my work style over the years. I tweaked things in
small steps until it fits to how i think and work, while discovering
how i think and work ;-). Gnome is the total oposit to that. It's telling
me how i should be doing things. Well, i dont like that. It takes ages
until i have gotten gnome even half way to what i need. I still have no
idea how to get the second half done. And believe me i tired. I basically
reconfigured each and every app to behave differently, like i wanted it to
behave. Yes, i adapted to the niceties that gnome has, yes i adapted to some
extend to the different workflow. But my way of working didnt fit to that
workflow. Call me an interface/computer nazi if you want, but the computer
has to adapt to me, not me to it!

			Attila Kinali
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?