Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux laptops these days?

On Monday, April 2, 2012, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> On Monday, April 2, 2012, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

N.B. That still doesn't sound like a limitation of X to me.  That's
like blaming Linux because it can't detect the mountable USB in your
shirt pocket!

I don't think it's an X problem, either. Whatever driver that handles the switcherino on the kernel side is likely not giving X what it needs. This is a classic example of some new hardware released without specs, and poor open source coders trying to reverse-engineer it. It'll be shaky at first, but they'll get there.

-Josh "but MacOS auto-mounts the USB stick in my pocket!" Glover

--
Cheers,
Josh