[tlug] Proud new owner of a Wacom tablet -- what software should I use for painting?

Preferably open source.  GIMP for bitmaps, I guess?  How about line
drawings (SVG)?  (IME, Inkscape and Sodipodi both suck, but I haven't
tried either in about a year.)  I'm not really interested in KDE stuff
(I'd be hours installing the gazillion libraries on a system that
doesn't have them yet), but that would be OK if necessary.

However, Windows-based proprietary would be acceptable in a pinch (the
Japanese taxpayer will pay :-/ and no, I probably can't do anything
useful with it like hire grad students to backpack rubble out of
Ishinomaki).